Welcome to my attempt at sharing bits of my adventure. Thank you for keeping me updated on the happenings in your life and at home.

Where am I?

Monday, July 20, 2009

Fruity Firsts

well, good guessing folks, but sorry, 66% was the highest score, and that’s not passing, not even in Tulare – the answers for July’s pop quiz; Cashew Fruit, Mangoes (the tennis ball is to show that they’re the size of a cantaloupe!!), and Mangosteen. That’s right, this valley girl had an unexpected sweet first when her produce lady asked if she’d like to try this strange little fruit – if you took a super thick pomegranate skin, with the wedges and peel-ability of a tangerine, with the flesh of a lychee you’d be coming close to getting a mangosteen.
Another sweet first to come – if I were at home in CA right now I’d be making myself sick off of vine fresh grapes… so I broke down and spent the extra CFA to get some, oh but these are Italian imports :)

No comments: