It wasn’t a particularly taxing week, but with trying to get everything done and, to be honest, after my safety and security training, it was the perfect time to take a spontaneous trip to NYC, visit my nearest relative, MaT, even if just for a hug.
It really was a short trip, but so nice. After the most amazing coconut encrusted French toast topped with fresh mangoes and strawberries (sorry no pix, it didn’t survive long enough for the camera to turn on) we headed to a park near by a friends place and lounged around, it was an absolutely beautiful day, perfect for cloud watching and a nap – which I happily obliged.
I won’t bore you with the details of my miraculously smooth travels back – four entirely separate public transportation entities were involved and I still got back with a minute and a half to spare to catch the last shuttle back to my apartment! It’s the little things right?!
It really was a short trip, but so nice. After the most amazing coconut encrusted French toast topped with fresh mangoes and strawberries (sorry no pix, it didn’t survive long enough for the camera to turn on) we headed to a park near by a friends place and lounged around, it was an absolutely beautiful day, perfect for cloud watching and a nap – which I happily obliged.
I won’t bore you with the details of my miraculously smooth travels back – four entirely separate public transportation entities were involved and I still got back with a minute and a half to spare to catch the last shuttle back to my apartment! It’s the little things right?!
No comments:
Post a Comment