So this is probably not a great representation of my new toy...but it's what I've got for now. Decided after the somewhat traumatic end of my last camera in Africa experience that I should acquire something a little easier to stow away...
Anyhoo, after-work plans were free forming, but I settled on a duet piano performance at the Kennedy Center before meeting up with some colleagues for our first send off. After just having big goodbyes in June I'm, needless to say, not in the mood. I must remind myself, as I stare down the calendar at my own pending departure that I'd rather suffer through goodbyes than not have new friends to miss. I'm going to cling to the wise words of Mr. Bennett, "don't despair; it'll pass, and no doubt more quickly than it should."
Anyhoo, after-work plans were free forming, but I settled on a duet piano performance at the Kennedy Center before meeting up with some colleagues for our first send off. After just having big goodbyes in June I'm, needless to say, not in the mood. I must remind myself, as I stare down the calendar at my own pending departure that I'd rather suffer through goodbyes than not have new friends to miss. I'm going to cling to the wise words of Mr. Bennett, "don't despair; it'll pass, and no doubt more quickly than it should."
1 comment:
Very nice...a camera is very necessary for documenting your adventures! Sounds like you are making the most of your time in D.C. Do you have enough tp and deodorant for a small army now? Ohh..and I like your map with all the pics..that is cool!
Miss ya and luv ya!
Katie =-)
PS- I have a blog now (i'v caved under pressure).. http://adventuresofastarbucksaddict.
blogspot.com
Post a Comment