Welcome to my attempt at sharing bits of my adventure. Thank you for keeping me updated on the happenings in your life and at home.

Where am I?

Monday, July 7, 2008

Studio



Hello all! Nothing says 'living on my own' like a fridge of condiments and left over chinese, so I thought I would give you proof that I'm a grown up.

Time is ticking away rather quickly, somewhere between a dream and a rat race… I have finished orientation and am now on to my second week of training. This also means I am approaching my departure date. My assignment begins in August, so this time next month I’ll be starting the end of my first work week in West Africa and yes, Timbuktu is a real place. This also means that I will be getting language training after I arrive, so I learned my ABC's on Sunday - I only wish I got to make little puppets for each letter, that was always my favorite part. (Just for fun I have included a little factoid quiz)
For now I’ve got to hit the sack in my lovely Murphy bed. (After talking with Big brother I’ve decided they gave me two TVs with three remotes in my studio apartment to give me a real sense of control over at least part of my life… and hey then I get surround sound.)
I hope you all had a great 4th of July!

No comments: