This week just flew by. Lot’s of field trips are the key to any learning experience, I’m telling you. The best was actually the day we spent at a ropes course/team work/ leadership training camp. We split into teams of about 10 – we were a great team! Hugging trees and balancing on cables served as a much needed reprieve from sitting inside all day. Our class coordinator informed us that this was a rain or shine activity so I’m entirely grateful that the weather was absolutely perfect, especially since the winter classes get to go bond in the snow…
My excellent week was capped off with getting a ride to Trader Joe’s (for any of the car dependent crowd, I can also be annoyed at parking in the back corner at the grocery store, but I am reminded that a) grocery carts have wheels b) my car has wheels, and in this fond appreciation for wheels buying one of those nifty carts with wheels could be in my future. In fact I have been told that my current living arrangements are basically equal to ‘assisted living’ so I think one of those rolling carts would just complete the picture.) I also had dinner with one of my colleagues and her daughter and son-in-law – so fun! Okay two more highlights – Sunday a couple of us from class met up at Lincoln Memorial Park down by the water, there are about eight sand volley ball courts. We played a pick up game with some guys down there, granted I haven’t played ball in a number of years (yes I’m getting old), I was gasping for air by the middle of the first game, but we held our own and had a great time. Then it was time to head home to shower and meet up with my home town buddy, Llama – we spent the rest of the night talking over tapas, yumm.
You know, only 36 hours till “flag day!”
My excellent week was capped off with getting a ride to Trader Joe’s (for any of the car dependent crowd, I can also be annoyed at parking in the back corner at the grocery store, but I am reminded that a) grocery carts have wheels b) my car has wheels, and in this fond appreciation for wheels buying one of those nifty carts with wheels could be in my future. In fact I have been told that my current living arrangements are basically equal to ‘assisted living’ so I think one of those rolling carts would just complete the picture.) I also had dinner with one of my colleagues and her daughter and son-in-law – so fun! Okay two more highlights – Sunday a couple of us from class met up at Lincoln Memorial Park down by the water, there are about eight sand volley ball courts. We played a pick up game with some guys down there, granted I haven’t played ball in a number of years (yes I’m getting old), I was gasping for air by the middle of the first game, but we held our own and had a great time. Then it was time to head home to shower and meet up with my home town buddy, Llama – we spent the rest of the night talking over tapas, yumm.
You know, only 36 hours till “flag day!”
No comments:
Post a Comment