Welcome to my attempt at sharing bits of my adventure. Thank you for keeping me updated on the happenings in your life and at home.

Where am I?

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Food n stuff

Week 1? Check. Got a little adventurous – just over twenty of us got together from class on Friday night and tried a Lebanese restaurant, with a personal stamp of approval from the half Lebanese guy in our class. I know I should have written it down, but I did in fact try the raw meat dish, and no I don’t think I’d order it again. (Consequently the guy who found the restaurant is now referred to as ‘raw meat’ which is about perfect for all these security folk) Thought I’d follow up with some finger lick’n Ethiopian Saturday, quite nice really. Sunday was very exciting because my step-brother was in town from NYC so we hung our, went to see the Changing of the Guard at Arlington Cemetery and capped off the weekend of adventurous food with lunch at an All American burger joint in Union Station (which has great architecture by the way) followed by Pizza Hut for dinner, what can I say...
Monday night everyone in my job decided to get together, get an idea of who bid what… found out 7 of the 10 have unique first picks, but really who knows, ultimately it is all up to the review board.
Tuesday night the class had what is apparently “our traditional Happy Hour” at a great Irish pub nearby to foster our espirit de corps. Oh, and has anyone ever heard of Irish Bacon with gravy? I’m familiar with the whole bacon vs. Canadian bacon, but Irish bacon? How many kinds of bacon are there?! All judgment aside, it smelled pretty good.

No comments: