Welcome to my attempt at sharing bits of my adventure. Thank you for keeping me updated on the happenings in your life and at home.

Where am I?

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Round II

I plopped down in my window seat; the man sitting next to me asked if I can sleep on planes, “Usually I do alright.” (it was about 10:30pm, I’d pushed through the last week, and managed to fit all my stuff in my bags without the zippers splitting and now, now I was sitting down. Mmm, rest. At last.) I remember waking for takeoff, it’s my favorite part. I woke for my dinner snack. And then I woke for my breakfast snack and then we landed. (11 hr flight, so I think that means I got about through about four REM cycles – it was awesome!) During breakfast the guy next to me was a bit incredulous, apparently every time he looked over I was snoozing. Always amazing where just a couple hours can take you. :)

So just like that I’d landed, made my way through customs, found my bags and the people waiting for me. Apparently there have been a number of demonstrations staged on the “free”way to the airport lately. I think it has to do with an affordable housing issue, though I’m not sure. Anyhoo, the demonstrators decided that a beautiful blue bird Thursday around lunch time was a good time for them to stand (in the middle of the street) for their cause. Consequently traffic was very backed up. So though just before we landed I was noting how US-esque the suburbia grid/pools in backyards looked we were sitting in a normal feeling traffic jam. Then the driver pulled off the freeway onto the grassy field next to the road, joining a herd of about 10 other vehicles, where we sped along at about 20 or 30 mph until the grass was about to turn into trees, at which point we simply forced our way back in-between the cars sitting in traffic. Hehehe ahh, welcome to Argentina! This is going to be fun.

No comments: