Welcome to my attempt at sharing bits of my adventure. Thank you for keeping me updated on the happenings in your life and at home.

Where am I?

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Birthday under the trees

Day(+) well spent.

Lunch with ‘the girls’ at my favorite lunch joint Phoenician (Lebanese esque cuisine). Shocking to few who know my top five favorite flavors… these place has the super power of leaving one with an aura of garlic for at least the next 24 hours.

Bunch of friends and colleagues got together for dinner at the boat arena. Outside, under a canopy tree. Moon occasionally visible. Bats squeaking around. GIANT gambas (aka shrimp), yum. A couple newcomers, just starting their Abidjan adventure, but for the most part it was us old timers, hearing the clock tick on a chapter that will soon close out.

This, of course, was followed by fun times at our favorite Spanish bar where a friend, JMB, was playing.

Like I told mums, I got waves of birthday love as the world woke up – pretty freak’n awesome :) thanks all!

No comments: