Welcome to my attempt at sharing bits of my adventure. Thank you for keeping me updated on the happenings in your life and at home.

Where am I?

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Snap, Crackle, Pop

BOOOM! (that’s as close as I’m going to get to channeling 80’s cartoons.. not my strong suite, I’m afraid). I awoke to quite the ruckus this morning at about 0400 hours, let me explain, no let me sum up the incredibleness that is waking me from a REM cycle, this is the same girl who did not stir when her dad shot a shotgun off just below her window to scare off coyotes.. I will admit that I was not reassured of mankind’s place at the top of the food chain when my natural instinct, as the lightening and thunder simultaneously exploded, was pulling my cotton knit blanket up to my chin..
I will also note the exceptional timing of a conversation that I had with a colleague last week, who had been shocked twice in one day the week before, once while grabbing the handle of his gate, the other while brushing his teeth – apparently it is common place to ground homes through the plumbing, quality control being the problem that it is, corruption what it is, building standards are, let’s say, not to US code.. so, when I realized that the pouring rain was becoming more and more inspirational I knew what I had to do.. I bravely faced the danger lurking in my bathroom pipes. Surviving the debacle I decided that if I was going to be struck by lightening or at least be kept awake by a raging storm I might as well make the most of it, so I decided to head downstairs and take in the storm from my hammock (located on my screened in, theoretically mosquito free patio) I also thought this the perfect opportunity to enjoy my wind chimes that I finally got put up last week, however, the next time I put my wind chimes up I am going to need to collect some wind flow data.. so maybe the storm was too loud to hear my little chimes, but other than the gusts during the monsoon when they can’t be heard anyway, they seem to be focused on staying as stagnant as possible..
As the rainy season has just officially begun we’ll see, maybe this will be the beginning of a series, void of swimming and tennis..

No comments: