Welcome to my attempt at sharing bits of my adventure. Thank you for keeping me updated on the happenings in your life and at home.

Where am I?

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I am

Cursing the advent of the frozen casserole. SO hungry, yet there is sits, cold hard inedible “dinner”… time saving, HA, left-over, conserving, hungry, me – left to blog away my pangs of dissatisfaction.
News Flash – for those who wilted under the peer pressure of joining social networks I now must confess that my years of D.A.R.E. training have been warn down and now I too have joined the ranks of “friending” people (for those who find this conversation utterly unintelligible, well, it’s not likely you are aware of the advent of email either, so this message will never reach your well protected eyes.) For those with goals of staying in touch with every person you’ve ever met, feel free to shed a little light on the basics of FB, I might feel embarrassed showing my obvious ignorance, but I’m too busy mulling over my new found weakness in character… where is the example I said I’d always set for my nieces and nephews?… horrid peer pressure… how will I answer my hypothetical kids when they ask the inevitable – what did I say in the face of the “everyone is doing it” predicament??

1 comment:

KT said...

You tell them you thought about it and considered whether it would benefit you in the future (yes, b/c it helps you keep in touch with people and prevents any future pages made by friends), whether it was harmful (nah,just the chance of time wasting), and made an informed decision. You can also let them know that you made it through college and quite a few years after without one. I believe that in itself is impressive! But, I may be biased, b/c I have been rooting for you to get one for a while =-)