Welcome to my attempt at sharing bits of my adventure. Thank you for keeping me updated on the happenings in your life and at home.

Where am I?

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Road trip




Sergio, the receptionist who had established feelings of pride in that I could follow his directions sent mom and I on our way toward Sevilla, it was a good inside scoop for free parking. The wind howling so we caught a cab to the ‘ciudad centre’- we got dropped off at the exit of the Catedral de Sevilla, so as we walked around front we got to appreciate the flying buttresses and gothic architecture, every single tree seemed to be heavy with oranges or tangerines. We tootled around the various chapels and alters then headed up the bell tower, conveniently enough the entire thing was a ramp, which somehow made the climb much more manageable. Just as we nearer the first window, which of course are open-air slits in the massive walls the rain started pouring, but we were determined. The view from the top was great, so I was busily snapping shots when my heart stopped at the jarring clang of the bells… huuh! That was quite nearly the end of that camera as my sweaty palm gripped it lest it plummet to the cobble stone street below.
Then we wandered the maze of narrow streets ticking off the numbered destinations on our map every once in a while. After meandering through what must be the wedding district we found a little café for abondigas, empanada, and croquettes (which just now I realize I had mistaken for crevettes on the menu; fried potato thing vs. shrimp).

No comments: