Welcome to my attempt at sharing bits of my adventure. Thank you for keeping me updated on the happenings in your life and at home.

Where am I?

Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving fun

Thanksgiving Eve served as the perfect stage for my first ever Wine:thirty (it’s a little or not so little thing we do here every once in a while – basically happy hour at someone’s house) Not surprising mine needed a little theme, also not surprising the theme was chocolate - it was a blast! 1) it was great to feel like I was really using this big house 2) I'm totally spoiled, my friend Amanda brought dark and milk chocolate fondue and fresh crepes with nutella and banana (the Laverne and Shirley of the food world) and my friend Laura made a chocolate peanut butter pie, a layered chocolate cake, a flourless chocolate cake and Italian donuts (who's Italian name I have since forgotten) delightful!
Thanksgiving was held at the Ambo’s house, lucky for me that’s just a walk across the street – this also means that anytime say someone spills the Thanksgiving potluck dish in their lap when getting out of the car they end up at my house for a little clean up…whoops. This was followed by the mandatory football watching at the Major’s house. Fun had by all.

No comments: