Welcome to my attempt at sharing bits of my adventure. Thank you for keeping me updated on the happenings in your life and at home.

Where am I?

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bonjour!!






My first time to Europe – stamp! (though unfortunately I don’t get a stamp…) But I’ll stop my complaining since, oh yes, I have 30 hours to spend in Paris! Complimentary of work, my hotel room is just over a half mile to the Eiffel Tower and walking distance to most other classic ‘must see’ spots. The thing with walking in Paris is there is sooo much to see I didn’t realize until a sat down tonight that I put a lot of miles on today.
Before venturing too far I decided to spend just a little quality time in my nice little hotel room – thankfully they let me check in early! After pushing a silver tray that I thought would fold down and turn into a shelf in the bathroom I sped up my need to use the loo when I jumped at the sound of the toilet flushing… ahh, yes, to be in a foreign country. From the Musée Rodin (which I hit right at closing) to the Av du Mal Gallieni (where I met a couple from Ohio traveling around on their honey moon) to finally making my way down past the Louvre (met up with a couple that are friends of my cousins, who were the most gracious hosts of the rest of my evening, bona fide my Paris experience with drinks at a café, personal tour of Notre-Dame then on to an authentic Parisian meal, which was of course complete with great company and good conversation!) my short time in Paris has been enough to wet the palette, if you will.My dear hosts bid me au revoir via the metro (thank goodness for my little English trial runs in NY and DC). My route home from the metro stop involved navigating two circles, it really went quite well, however I did have this thought just after turning down “my street” at the second wheel ‘I wonder if I can catch my street but going the wrong direction,’ my subconscious has such a way with foreshadowing… anyway, luckily after a few blocks and hitting a major avenue I realized that I had done just that and headed back – chocolate waiting on my pillows, shower calling my name. Paris, a success. An absolutely beautiful day and generous friends made for a great introduction.

1 comment:

Aqua Vitae said...

puttin on a few miles is better than puttin on a few pounds ;). Love from the desert. fat leg.