Finished with training I am now enjoying the freedom that is now called Admin Days… this is the built in time to, you know, prep everything that needs to be in oerdr for my pending relocation. Though much of this time is spent shopping, and when I say shopping I mean copious amounts of deodorant, toilet paper, etc. there are also a few last swinging adventures I had to squeeze in while DC has me. First I must introduce my Lewis (of Lewis and Clark) who is kindly known as Corporal. Now the Corporal and I did have a dry run to Roosevelt Island last week, which went swimmingly, as any adventure that ends in a good meal does. And so what started as wistful plans on a dark Sunday eve formed into a fabulous afternoon at the National Art Museum [the favorite of the day was an exhibit by a retired stage designer – I think it was called Snails’ Piece; anyhow it was an entire room and the lighting had a 15 minute cycle that would change the feel entirely. It felt like the live version of childhood fort fantasies.] food and good conversation with new friends ensued.
Today was an achievement; I eked out my final shopping feat by conquering what is Bed Bath & Beyond – now I say this because what purchased today means that any guest of mine will have sheets and towels and all sorts of fabulous necessities. This evening took a twist with a call from the Corporal, chili night? Ahh, but of course I will come. And so I had an evening of hang’n with the guys, the evening finished with my being introduced to Foux de Fa Fa by Flight of the Conchords – excellently timed.
What adventures await in the morrow, you may ask… ahh, you and I must wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment