The other side of the “favorite” question was "what are the things you dislike the most there?" I must confess I am unwilling to answer this question as it is asked. It is different, and it is not always easy, but that was never the point. So instead I will share a few of the things I love about the
#1 mosquito abatement – thanks to a parade I attended in Cutler,
I think it was, I will forever cherish the image of a mosquito abatement float alongside the Lincoln Memorial and the Bay Bridge;#2 The general public’s ability to queue – one gold star to our public school system and the loathsome lunch line;
#3 Waste management/fully functioning sewer system - 'nuf said;
#4 front yards – I had never really considered the amount of resources that go toward keeping up public space/publicly visible space, or maybe I never really appreciated the benefit of keeping up appearances, but hey thumbs up;
#5 sidewalks – and the general public's understanding of how they are utilized;
#6 that it is considered reasonable to assume things will and should work;
#7 quality control – it would not come as a surprise if at some point in life I break into song with an ode to dear sweet quality control…
** picture taken from my phone while driving - not advisable, but I always see the best of the unexpected while driving, note the heads sticking up in the back of the dump truck in the pouring rain (as in pouring like Alabama) mind you. That's dedication to carpooling right there..
No comments:
Post a Comment