Well I’m pooped. Work has been a bit slow, Dixie is in the Congo temporarily and the Boss got Malaria, so he got a free trip to London, so it’s just Cajun and I holding the fort down. Consequently once the bell rings I’m ready to play… so I hit the gym, then, because I couldn’t decide, not at all surprising I avoided picking all together but rather prioritized, so go try Thai Bo for the first time – a fun little experience doing aerobics with an Ivorian instructor, unfortunately, and those of you who have been to gym classes know, she had the typical counting ability of these types of instructors… in her defense I don’t actually think she understands that “one more” and “last one” mean the same thing… and of course each of those equaled 8 reps… Then I ran downstairs for volleyball. The Brazilians had shown up, which means the bar is raised significantly higher. It was a smaller group tonight, so the Brazilians, one of which speaks English, was trying to teach me Portuguese especially once I told them I’d just been to Spain “ahh, Spanish, try it, we’ll understand”, because I’ll call the ball “mine” or “I go” and they have no idea what I’ve just said and vice versa, unfortunately Sprench and Franglish is all I’ve got these days…
So now I’m left dragging my water around with my like an oxygen tank – luckily typing is fairly low impact.
No comments:
Post a Comment