Welcome to my attempt at sharing bits of my adventure. Thank you for keeping me updated on the happenings in your life and at home.

Where am I?

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Flag tour

The local brew, which is known through much if not all of West Africa, is Flag, there are a handfull of Solibra/Flag/Castel breweries and bottling plants, and now I’ve toured one of them. Granted the actual tour was not only in French, but technical beer brewing French, needless to say I learned more about how Charlie Brown feels about his teacher than about the beer brewing and bottling process, but I do love to see the industrial lines. It’s fascinating to see the steps that are involved that I’d never thought of. With the assistance of some of my more knowledgeable companions I learned about how lacking delicacy and consistency the recipe is for this dollar drink. The only stat that I can remember is really not the stat, but that they bottle more beer than soda and more soda than water, startling I know… sorry, no memory of quantities in la Francais. Granted one of the best parts of the tour was the end where we all got to taste whatever we wanted - even got to take home our beer mugs! (Free stuff in Cote d’Ivoire! Wonders never cease!)

No comments: