Sooo I’ve now lived in Cote d’Ivoire for 40 days and 40 nights. Tomorrow holds the adventure of heading off to Dakar, Senegal for a week long conference. My supervisor spent his last post in Dakar so I’ve got the scoop, now I’m just hoping I have time enough to explore!
Yesterday, Friday, was one of those days that though it was crazy busy, everything fell into place. Thursday afternoon I had left work early to meet the warehouse guys at my house to play fruit basket turnover with my furniture and to await the shipping guys who were supposedly going to deliver my air shipment. Unfortunately the shipping guys didn’t show, but four warehouse guys came and entertained my antics, moving this couch there and that bedroom set over here… I just had to embrace my inner rich girl as these fellas sweated it out. Luckily, Karfo, my butler, comes on Friday’s so last night I came home to my air freight delivered, my washing machine replaced, all the other little repairs done, floors cleaned and laundry pressed… with my boxes of stuff unpacked I thought it time to get you that promised tour – I haven’t painted yet, and the rest of my stuff should be here sometime in the next 3 – 6 months, plus this is the first time I’ve used my camera for video, (sorry, don’t get a neck cramp…) but if you’re interested you’ll at least get some idea of what my place looks like.
Getting some of my stuff situated does wonders for feeling a little more settled, which is quite nice after spending the last 6 months in what felt like a Cuisinart on pulse.
No comments:
Post a Comment