Welcome to my attempt at sharing bits of my adventure. Thank you for keeping me updated on the happenings in your life and at home.

Where am I?

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Pack Out


Having "all my worldly possessions" packed up, color coded, and shipped off does give all this quite a new level of tangibility...
Mom asked if it was weird watching these guys pack up my stuff - this was a part of the process I could visualize so it wasn't bad really. There was a piece of me that cried out as I watched Jerry and Billy gently crush my freshly dry cleaned shirts into boxes... There's another part of me that actually wonders if I will melt into a puddle of over dressed West Coast as I wear a suit everyday in sweltering DC, but then again, what is a cultural experience without some horrific near death experience that locals somehow believe is normal only to laugh at you when you are utterly horrified by the mere thought.


No comments: